Call it what you will... Cowboy Caviar, Spicy Bean Salsa... doesn't matter! I call it DELICIOUS! This is one of those fabulous recipes you can add to tacos or just eat it by itself with chips! Not gonna lie... I've sat down and polished off an entire bowl of this myself. #truth
When I'm making this the night before a party I will usually use canned beans but whenever I can, I use soaked beans from my pantry.
ZERO WASTE TIP: Use 2 cups soaked beans and peas instead of buying them canned.
PREP TIME: 10 min | TOTAL TIME: 8 hrs 10 min
Author: Makenna Langford
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 3-4 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a medium bowl, combine black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, onion, cilantro, green bell pepper, jalapeno peppers and tomatoes. Season with Italian-style salad dressing and garlic salt; mix well. Cover, and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight to blend flavors.